Google+

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fairies, Fairies...

Today while Steve got ready to take Hazel to his mother's, we made fairies. We followed the tutorial on Mama Moontime somewhat. We used a wooden bead, a pipe cleaner, and wool roving. Then decorated with silk and/or clay flowers. This literally took Hazel and I about 10-15 minutes. She hasn't mastered twisting pipe cleaners, etc., so she needed much help with hers. I also added wings since the original tutorial did not include them. I wasn't exactly sure of the best way to do it and if I had more time I may have tried to needle felt them to it instead of glue and needle felt the wings to be more solid. I expect we will be making more of these for each season and possibly for gifts. and of course to play with. Hazel cannot wait to put them in her fairy garden.