Google+

Dress up/ Closet Organization

If your child is anything like mine she has many hats, bags, purses, etc. everywhere. My daughter has always been into purses (apparently so was I). For a changing table we had used a piece of furniture (almost a dresser but with a door to hang small items). When she out grew the changing table pad we moved it out of her room and started using it for dress up clothes. I like to buy costumes at the post-Halloween sales, plus she has my old hats and things. She is getting quite a collection, however when she does play with them it tends to be pulling everything out and leaving them in a pile. I wanted to find a better way to organize it all.

As I was looking at my disorganized closet I remembered the over the door purse hanger I have and wanted to replicate it for Hazel. I decided to tie ribbon along the door of the dresser and hang some of her hats and purses on them. I simply used clothespins to hang everything up. We are going to also add some ribbons at the side that isn't against a wall to spread this out and hang the rest up. That will require some nails and since I had my eyes dilated this morning at the doctor's and can barely see it will have to wait.
I'm also thinking of doing something similar over her closet door for all the bags, backpacks, etc. we have collected. She seems to have more bags than me and she still would rather use mine.

One last thing to share before I go rest my eyes. On Saturday we went to Lakeshore Learning Store for their free craft. It was decorate your own notebook. Here is Hazel's.
The notebooks themselves were paper with a colored piece slightly thicker on top. Two holes punched through and a rubber band stuck through from the back and strung onto a popsicle stick. Then they had foam stickers, markers, stamp markers and glitter glue to decorate them. Hazel of course globbed on the glitter glue and stuck all the stickers in one spot, but had fun. It is an easy craft and now she has a notebook or drawing book of her own.

Hope your Monday is going well.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to re-purpose the changing table into a dress up station, how fun! I have always wanted to visit a Lakeshore shop, sounds like a fun place. Cute notebook craft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! Our dress up stuff seems to get everywhere too.
    Kelly at Little Wonders' Days

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Thank you for reading and contributing!