Google+

Easter/Spring Buckets--Dollar Tree Crafts

Getting some inspiration from Pinterest, I decided to go to The Dollar Tree to see if I could gather some supplies to make similar things. The first inspiration was from The Sweet Survival. It is a Hydrangea Covered Easter Egg. I had trouble finding a reasonably priced large Easter egg (Michaels had them for $10 or more) and The Dollar Tree had none. However I love hydrangeas so I still wanted to use them. (Hydrangeas were the flowers at my wedding.) I also saw these cute baskets at AllYou.com Kids flower crafts. I liked these ideas but wanted to do them differently.

I found these green buckets at The Dollar Tree as well as a faux hydrangea bunch and faux forsythia branches. I bought two of the forsythia branches and one hydrangea bunch and two buckets, so a total of $5 plus tax. Since I wanted Hazel to help me with it, I did not use the hot glue gun. I used tacky craft glue. However, this did not work well. We did start to take the center parts out to make them smooth to glue better. We also found we needed to work sections with it laying down on a side and let it dry completely before trying another section. I will touch them up with some hot glue later. I'm also thinking of adding a ribbon around them.Or maybe we will continue with our gluing and cover them completely. We may make a few more to give to the family or at least grandparents who we will see at Easter.
We also started on the pink pail that I bought for Hazel's kitchen in which to keep her cloth napkins and napkin rings. She got bored part way through this one though. She did say she wanted to put both types of flowers on it though. So stay tuned for what we do with this one.

Even though this has been a warm winter, I am starting to want the spring weather already. I love seeing flowers this time of year. I often buy flowers for the table to keep remembering spring is on the way. Here is a rose from a bunch I bought over a week ago. They still look beautiful. (I have not had much luck with the spring flowers lasting--tulips, daffodils.)
The Bunch after a week

I guess this post is appropriate today since we are suppose to get snow tonight. I hope you are having a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Did you end up getting snow? We have flood warnings here and it hasn't stopped raining for days now! Your spring crafts look very nice :-) I need to get started on our autumn nature table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those buckets with the flowers are so cute! I like to make things with my daughter too!

    Following through Linky and BlogLovin'. Hope you will visit and follow back. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they turned out great and I loved that your daughter was able to help out - even if you have to touch up later, she wont know:) Thanks for sharing over at Two Sasters!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea, we like it. We are so glad that you linked up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope you'll be back next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and easy too! Thanks so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Thank you for reading and contributing!