Google+

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sunshine Award!

I have been honored to receive the Sunshine Award from Jenny over at The NY Melrose Family! She has a wonderful blog that I have gotten to know thanks to Sharing Saturday!

"Friends are the sunshine of life."   John Hay

  As a recipient of this delightful award, I have a few rules to follow:
  • Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.  See above.
  • Answer 10 questions about yourself.  See below.
  • Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers.  See my list below.
  • Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated. So happy to share the love!
  • Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
Ten Sunshine Award Questions (and answers):
Favorite color: Pink! I have always loved pink things. In fact I still have a poem I wrote in third grade about pink things.
Favorite animal: Ok, I guess it would be a cat (I've always had one in my life), but I also love giraffes and lions. I can honestly say that Simba, the cat we put down in July, was my absolute favorite ever, but I had him for 17 years and a good portion of those were when I was single so he was the only one I was living with. He was always getting into my things. You can see a bit more about Simba here. And of course I love our other kitties--Fluffy and Pumpkin very much! I just have to share them with Steve and Hazel so it is a bit different.
Simba checking out the printer
 Favorite number: 20--don't know why, but it always has been.
Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Water--I drink it all day long. The only other thing I drink is chai lattes and tea some times.
Prefer Facebook or Twitter?: Facebook. I have not adventured into Twitter and really don't have desire to.
My passion: Hmmm...equal rights for everyone. It is what I feel strongest about. I guess it was the years of teaching and advising the diversity clubs and Gay Straight Alliances. (Other passions of course include crafting!)
Prefer Giving or Getting Presents: Definitely giving. I'm always so excited to give presents. Opening them isn't nearly as fun as watching someone enjoy something I picked out or made for them.
Favorite Pattern: Don't really have one. As you can tell from my many changes to my background here.
Favorite Day of the Week: Sunday--to me it is still a day to slow down and spend with God and family. I hope to always think of it that way.
Favorite Flower: Pink roses--I absolutely love them. But I love most flowers as well.
OK.  So now here is the fun part – here is my list of blogs that regularly bring a little sunshine into my life.  In no particular order:
Toys In The Dryer







Marie has such beautiful needle felted work. She is truly an inspiration to me.

Tippytoe Crafts
Betsy always has wonderful ideas for crafts with young children. I always am trying something from her blog.


April's Homemaking

April's Homemaking




Mama Mia's Heart2Heart




Silly Eagle Books
Silly Eagle Books

Happy Whimsical Hearts



Creating a Family Home
Kelly always has beautiful knitted crafts as well as the simple life in the country. I always find it inspiring to read her blog.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Carrie! What an honor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw this is so sweet of you! You bring sunshine into our lives too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Carrie! What a nice surprise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award :-) and thanks so much x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Carrie!!! You are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the award, Carrie! And congratulations to you on all the awards you've been given lately!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, thank you for including me in this list! I love that you love roses and cats--I do, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Carrie! :) I enjoyed reading your post and getting to know you a little better too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Please share!