Google+

Easter Eggs

Today we took some brown paper eggs that I bought at one of the craft stores and water color painted them.
Start
We even did some crayon resistance painting. I wrote "Happy Easter" on one and wrote "Mimi" and "Pop" on another and Hazel drew on a different one. Oh, and all of Hazel's are gnomes and not eggs. She was adamant about that.
First Ones
Crayon Resistance
Hazel's Masterpiece Gnome
Awhile ago we also decorated some plastic Easter eggs.
Hazel's eggs
Hazel decided she wanted to use glue that day and glued a few sheets of tissue paper on to each egg and then claimed she was done. I cut out some felt and used googly eyes and pom poms to make a chick and a bunny.

I also did some fabric covered ones. I experimented with it a bit and they did not come out nearly as nice as the ones my mother made me, but it is a great way to use up scraps of fabric. In the future I would use smaller pieces of fabric.
To make these you need Mod Podge or something similar for glue and thin strips of fabric and a plastic egg.
Paint some Mod Podge all over the plastic egg.
Then wrap the fabric all around it so none of the plastic is showing. Then cover again in Mod Podge to give it a seal (if you use glossy it will look even nicer, but I didn't have it). And let dry.
You could also do this with yarn, string, ribbon, etc. I would wrap with those in a more planned out way.

Finally when Hazel finished her eggs she made a picture. For some reason she didn't want to use the stickers on the eggs.
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE the brown paper eggs...I must find some! Thanks for sharing a different take on decorating eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paper eggs, too. I have never seen those before! Probably a little more durable than real eggs, so easier for kids to work with. And the plastic ones would be great too! I don't know why I have always struggled with real eggs and never considered the plastic ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so fun! I love decorating eggs! Thanks for linking at Shine on Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of decorating plastic eggs! My little ones are pretty rough on the real ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like your little one had alot of fun! I am so excited to start decorating for Easter:) Thanks for sharing over at Two Sasters!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all these ideas, especially the pastic eggs! I need some good ideas for Easter this year. Thanks for linking up the Weekly Kids Co-op!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaah what a lovely collection of Easter Eggs! Looks like lots of fun!

    Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen brown paper eggs before but of course, now I will be looking! Yours turned out great! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Thank you for reading and contributing!