|Fluffy in one of her favorite places|
|2 cup(s) water, warm|
|1 tsp honey|
|1 Tbsp yeast|
|4 cup(s) Flour, organic, white, Bread|
|4 cup(s) whole wheat flour|
|1 tsp table salt |
2 tsp cinnamon
dash of ground cardamom
|1/2 cup(s) olive oil|
|1/4 cup(s) molasses|
|1/4 cup(s) honey|
- Dissolve the honey in the warm water. Then stir in yeast. Set aside to get frothy.
- Combine the flours, salt, cinnamon and cardamom in a large bowl.
- Combine oil, molasses and honey in another bowl.
- Add yeast mixture to dry ingredients and combine. Then add oil mixture. You will need to mix with your hands. Then turn out on lightly floured surface and knead the dough for at least 10 minutes.
- Put into oiled bowl and cover with cloth and let rise for 30 minutes (I let it rise for over an hour).
- Punch down and knead on lightly floured surface and shape into rolls. Place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. (I found I needed to bake it longer, but I was not using a small toaster oven like they do in the class.)
- Serve with honey butter (ok, I didn't make the honey butter today, but we do have it that way at class).
|Kneading the dough|
|Out of the oven|
I also made Hazel her can opener for her kitchen. I decided to needle felt it. I was trying to make it so she could turn the handle and spin one of the buttons, but my method broke after I spun it a few too many times (apparently).
I think she will like it when she sees it tomorrow. What do you think? I made it the same colors as mine (except mine does not have anything wooden on it).
And our crazy kitty, Fluffy was hanging out in the sink again. This is the bathroom sink in what we call Hazel's bathroom (it is the main floor bathroom that is not the master bath). She actually lay there while the water was running for a bit too and then decided she wanted a drink. She loves to jump into the bathtub after we have showered or bathed so she drink the water or roll in it. She is a bit of a crazy cat.