Google+

Mother's Day Gifts

With Mother's Day only one week away, I thought it would be fun to share some homemade Mother's Day gift ideas. So if you have any from this year or previous, please link them below.

I thought I would share with you the gift we made last year for all of Hazel's women in her life. I took pictures of the one I kept, but we gave them to her grandmothers and aunts as well. (I can't remember if we made one for her godmother or not). This poem is floating around on-line. I believe the place I got it from was DLTK's Kids. (There are several Mother's Day poems at that link.)


The poem says:
I miss you when we're not together
I'm growing up so fast
See how big I've gotten
Since you saw me last?
As I grow, I'll change a lot,
The years will fly right by.
You'll wonder how I grew so quick
When and where and why?
So look upon this handprint   (these handprints)
That's hanging on your wall.
And memories will come back of me,
When I was very small.

Then have your child(ren) add his/her handprint(s) and we cut it out and backed it on construction paper and then added small pictures of Hazel from birth until the time we made it and of course added her name and the year.
My gift!

For this year's Mother's Day gifts we are using our magnet sunflower photos. (This project also came from DLTK's Kids.) To see how we made them check out here.

What are you doing for Mother's Day gifts? Do you end up helping make your own, like I do? Please share your great Mother's Day gift ideas here (past and present)!! I will keep this party open for a couple of weeks so you can share anything your child makes you after the fact as well. Then I guess we can start thinking about Father's Day!! Thanks for sharing!!

And please go visit Plain Vanilla Mom's Mother's Day Gifts Made with Love link party and link up there as well.



17 comments:

  1. so sorry! Please delete my playdough link. I am obviously not reading this early in the morning! sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely idea. I love that poem! Excited to see your link up. I'll pop bak later in the week after we've done our Mother's Day craft. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this linky party!! Thank you so much for inviting us! I think I am going to make the same picture frame - I LOVE the idea and the poem!!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for hosting and inviting me to link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting this linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting this linky party!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas! I think moms especially feel loved when they get unique handmade gifts from their loved ones

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was such a great party idea. Thanks so much for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! This post was my #1 most clicked post in The Mommy Club-Mommy solutions and resources the past week! I really appreciate you taking the time to link up and share. Stop over and see your feature. I can't wait to see what you share this week!

    I'm following you on Pinterest and gave your post a pin.

    Crystal
    http://www.crystalandcomp.com/2012/05/the-mommy-club-share-your-resources-and-solutions-44/

    ReplyDelete
  10. great gift ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! I love this for the Grandmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this idea is amazing. i had to make one as soon as i saw it. thank u for posting such a unique idea. ours turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of the most clever ideas I've seen. You did a FABULOUS job. Creative and practical. I love it. Might just do one for myself! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think one of the best gift that we could ever give to our mom is our love and affection, and of course, showering them with material gift once in a while is just a bonus. Thanks for sharing inspiration.

    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Thank you for reading and contributing!