If you are looking for ideas for Thanksgiving:
Check out my Thanksgiving Pinterest Board, my Native American/Squanto post, More Thanksgiving Books and a Simple Craft, my Cranberries post, my Thanksgiving Craft Round-up of Past and Present Crafts, and my Thanksgiving Book Round-up with a Craft.
Also here are a few more Thanksgiving posts shared this week at Sharing Saturday!! (Yes, from how to roast a turkey to cutting practice and so many books and crafts!!) There are more wonderful posts shared there as well which are always so inspiring!! I hope you will stop by and check some out.
1) From Little Bins for Little Hands: Bear Says Thank Sensory Bin
2) From Gift of Curiosity: Books about Thanksgiving
3) From Robyn's View: Kitchen Basics 101: How To Roast a Turkey
4) From Green Owl Art: Doily Turkey
5) From Mama to 5 Blessings: Paper Plate Pilgrims
6) From Makeovers and Motherhood: Thanksgiving Cutting Practice Sheets
7) From Where Imagination Grows: Toilet Paper Roll Turkey Craft
8) From We Made That: Thanksgiving Boat Craft
9) From We Made That: Pumpkin Pie Parfait
For those looking ahead to Christmas, I have started an Advent Pinterst Board.
An interesting article to read about America before Columbus can be found here (pdf download). You will learn much about Native American accomplishments and the "uncivilized" people as Columbus and the many people who came to the "New World" after him. It is very eye opening. Why am I mentioning Columbus on Thanksgiving? Because if it was not for his discovery of the "New World", the first Thanksgiving probably would not have happened.
I wish you a very happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you enjoy your family time!!