Google+

DIY A Doll's Valentine's Day Box of Chocolates

Today is Multicultural Children's Book Day! Be sure to check out all the great book reviews!
Note: Links are provided for your convenience, but I receive no compensation.

While exploring one of my favorite craft stores, The Paper Source, I found these cute little heart boxes that looked like the right proportions for a doll's box of chocolate for Valentine's Day. I bought one for Hazel's dolls. Hazel of course wanted to have four. One for each doll. I bought her three more with conditions of helping clean the house today since we are snowed in. First we painted the box red both inside and out. I was going to add ribbons and flowers, but we have not gotten that far yet.


For the chocolates we used brown Model Magic and formed them by hand. We tried using some mini cookie cutters, but found they were more cookie size and not candy size, so we made some cookies as well.


I decided on Model Magic since it air dries unlike polymer clay and it is relatively easy to use--no warming and easy to sculpt. It is perfect for little fingers. Hazel loved the feel. I was going to try to make some little paper cups for them to sit in, but we did not have the right size punch for it. Oh, well. Hazel is very happy with the box of chocolates and wants to make more!



For more 18-inch doll crafts check out: