Google+

Mother's Day / Spring Card -- Crafty Weekends Craft & Link Party

Mother's Day in the United States is just a couple of weeks away. This year I decided to make my mother a card based on one I saw at work. To make it I used some flower punches and my bow/mustache punch. I picked papers that were in my mother's favorite colors--purples, turquoises and such. I punched out many flowers in all the colors I had gathered. Spring colors and my mother's favorites.

 I traced a three inch circle onto a blank card and used glue stick to attach layers of the flowers. I decided to use glitter pens and Liquid Pearls for the flower centers. (I have seen using small regular size punches for the centers as well.) Then I glued the bow and mustache together to make it look like a ribbon. The samples I saw at work used thin ribbon bows. Finally after everything dried I wrote Mom in a glitter marker.

I am excited to send this card to my mom. I am also making her an infinity scarf like the one I made myself awhile ago. I think my mother will like it all. What are you doing for Mother's Day?



Thank you to everyone who shared with us at last week's party!! There was a bit of mix up last week, so it was a very small party. I have decided this will be the last month I co-host the Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop due to the mix ups. I will share links to where the party is though. However there were some amazing crafts shared.  I hope you will check them all out and remember it is just a sampling of the amazing crafts shared. 


Also remember for your child-oriented crafts, activities, lessons, etc. Sharing Saturday is going on!! For any cultural related posts (diversity and/or multicultural as well) be sure to share at the month long Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop. If you missed last week's features, be sure to check them out!! There were many wonderful ideas!!

Craft Features



1) From Creative Khadija: Make Painting Wall Art Inspired by Truck Art

2) From Over the Apple Tree: New Crochet Projects


3) From What Happens at Grandma's: Minnie Mouse Birthday Party


4) From Our Whimsical Days: Abstract Tree Art


Thank you to everyone who shared the last week!! I hope you will share again!! If you are featured here, please feel free to grab a featured button to display proudly on your blog. I would love the help spreading the word about Crafty Weekends!!





Featured Button Code:



 Please share family friendly crafts here. Just crafts and/or patterns--no recipes, lessons, etc. You can share craft product reviews as well. By linking up here you are giving me permission to share your links and to pin your links. Please follow my Crafty Weekends Feature Pinterest Board to see all the features from these fun link parties!