Google+

Happy Home Outside -- Crafty Weekends Review & Link Party

Disclosure: I was sent this book to review free of charge from Quarto Books USA. All opinions in this post are my own. I did not receive any other compensation for this review. I am including links to each item for your convenience but do not receive anything if you purchase them.

The spring weather finally is here or at least was last week!! I am finally ready to be outside (or at least the weather was ready for us to be outside finally). After a mild winter we have had an unusually cool spring thus far. However we finally got into the 70s last week. It was gorgeous!! Then to add to the fun Steve finally had a patio and fence added to Hazel's clubhouse. He has been planning this for several years and finally decided to do it. (I will admit I didn't care much about it, but they both really wanted to do it.) It came out looking really cute and I personally love having the chairs on the patio so I have a place to sit and read or work on my laptop while Hazel is playing outside. 


Last week I began the process of decorating and a great place for ideas is Happy Home Outside: Everyday Magic for Outdoor Life by Charlotte Hedeman GuĂ©niau. 

This book is full of many fun and creative ideas to turn your outside magical. Some are ideas and some are tutorials. There are directions to make the wonderful swing on the cover!! Now with the weather here I have to say that the tissue paper rosettes would not last outside. However I did hang some paper rosettes in Hazel's clubhouse as well as a few other decorations leftover from recent birthday parties. 

This summer I will be working even more on decorating it. Our overall plan is to buy some bean bag chairs for out there instead of our old wicker porch furniture that takes up too much space for her. I also want to take some of the Minnie Mouse decorations down since she has outgrown her a bit and doesn't need the entire clubhouse to be about Minnie Mouse which it is now. I would also love to get a bistro set for the patio and/or some more comfortable chairs. But for now we don't want to spend the money, so I am decorating on a small budget.

Which brings us back to Happy Home Outside.  The book is divided into a few chapters. First there is the Foreward written by Will Taylor and than an Introduction: The Outdoor Life. Then the chapters are Inside Out, Outdoor Rooms, Relaxing Outdoors, Outdoor Entertaining, Playing Outdoors, and Moveable Spaces (ie. campers). This book has colorful settings and magical places that I would love to have in my yard. 

Personally I would love to curl up with a book in this cozy outdoor room. How about you? Then through out the book there are various projects to make from the swing on the cover to recipes for entertaining as well as easier projects for decorating.

There are even DIY games and a section to organize the outdoor games. It is perfect!!



This book is full of ideas and colorful photographs. All the photos call you to come and have fun or sit and relax and enjoy the outdoors. It has so many great ideas and I love them all!! I hope you will check it out and get outside more this summer like we hope to!




Thank you to everyone who shared with us at last week's party!! It was full of creations and inspiring ideas!! Below are some features from the party, but this is just a small sample of great ideas shared! Our features are in three categories: Outdoorish Features & Other Feature.


Also remember for your child-oriented crafts, activities, lessons, etc. Sharing Saturday is going on!! For any cultural related posts (diversity and/or multicultural as well) be sure to share at the month long Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop.

Features



1) From Oh My! Creative: How to Create a Small Vegetable Garden Using a Garden Spiral

2) From The Scrap Shoppe: Easy Spring Update


3) From Busy Being Jennifer: DIY Picnic Quilt

4) From Growing Up Gabel: Pool Noodle Garland Easy Pool Party Decoration

5) From Living La Vida Holoka: DIY Sand & Sea Candles



1) From Bombshell Bling: A SuperHero Birthday Party

2) From Nap Time Creations: Under Sink Organizer


3) From The Real Thing with the Coake Family: Colorful PB Teen Knock Off Wall Art


4From Pink Heels Pink Truck: DIY Glittered Acrylic Tumbler

5) From Sparkle: Floral Imprinted Summer Coasters
 
Thank you to everyone who shared the last week!! I hope you will share again!! If you are featured here, please feel free to grab a featured button to display proudly on your blog. I would love the help spreading the word about Crafty Weekends!!





Featured Button Code:



 Please share family friendly crafts here. Just crafts and/or patterns--no recipes, lessons, etc. You can share craft product reviews as well. By linking up here you are giving me permission to share your links and to pin your links. Please follow my Crafty Weekends Feature Pinterest Board to see all the features from these fun link parties!