Google+

Trivia and Design & Doodle -- Product Reviews

Disclosure: Parragon Books sent me these products free of charge. All opinions in my review are my own and I did not receive any other compensation. As always I am providing links to the book for your convenience.

 I have been off finishing my quilt for the boy at the homeless shelter for Hazel's class donation. It was due at school today, and I'm happy to say I finished!!





Ok, on to today's post. So for December Parragon's Book Buddies sent us Design and Doodle and Professor Murphy's Trivia Fun Cards. Hazel took the two products and has not really let me see them since they arrived. She has been really enjoying them. Design and Doodle is a coloring book and more for older kids. 
https://www.parragon.com/9781474862479/
This fun book has pages to color that are not quite as intricate as adult coloring books, but not as simple as regular coloring books. Hazel has been having fun with them.

The book opens from the top and the pages are perforated for easy removal.


This is where she has done the most, but there are two other sections. One includes unfinished doodles/pictures like this one.
You can see how she tried to draw her own flowers to add to the picture. Then there is this one that she did for completing a quilt. 

The final section involves letters. There are pages of various fonts of letters to color in and pages to explore words in pictures like this one that Hazel worked on.
The sections are color coded with the ink used on the various pages. Hazel is loving this book.


Now the next product is Professor Murphy's Trivia Fun Cards: 600 Questions for Big & Little Brainiacs. This fun set has loads of trivia questions. Each card has two sides one for little brainiacs (easier) and the other for big brainiacs (harder). Hazel has had so much fun quizzing our family. Over Thanksgiving break we saw my 14-year-old nephew and his mother at my parents. Hazel was asking the questions from these cards and giving us a competition. (I luckily had my secret weapon--Steven!!) 

This has been such a great activity for the entire family. We have been loving it!! I think this month's items are our favorites thus far for the Book Buddies program!! I hope you will check them out!! I know you will enjoy them!!