Google+

501 Enchanted Embroidery Designs -- a Crafty Weekends Review & Link Party


Disclosure: Tuttle Publishing gave me a copy of this book free of charge for this review. All opinions in my review are my own and I did not receive any other compensation. As in all my reviews I am providing links for your ease, but receive no compensation. 

Today I am sharing with you a fun book that brought back some childhood memories for me. It is 501 Enchanting Embroidery Designs by Boutique-Sha. 

Now I have fond memories of embroidery projects. I remember my mother had a book of iron-on patterns that she would let us choose from and give us a project to work on. I loved that book!! Well today's book has 501 easy embroidery patterns. This is a multicultural book. It has Scandinavian, Eastern Europe, Japanese and other fun sketches. The patterns are not iron-on, but there are instructions on how to transfer the patterns to your fabric. The book also has ten projects that create something like a pouch, pot holders, napkins or embellish a camisole. I bought some linen napkins at Target during the Easter season and we used them. I started by doing the bunnies from the Scandinavian Forest Design. Hazel is having a bunny birthday party this year for our family party so I figured it could be used at the party. 


Hazel saw me working on it and of course wanted to try it as well. Now I have been planning on teaching her to embroider and actually thought this book would be good for it. I let her pick out which picture she wanted to try. She picked a princess with a cat and a tea cup. Perfect for her!!
I helped her get started and did the French knots for her. This is her first time trying embroidery. I would say she is doing pretty well so far!! She was threading the needle and separating the floss herself. 

The book has pages of instructions on how to use the patterns and such. This is well done and makes it pretty easy to try any pattern. There is also a page of the different types of stitches. However each stitch only has one photograph and a bit of details on how to do it. They are not very complete in my mind. 

There are every day sketches as well as the multicultural ones. The projects are fairly easy and fun. They are all small as well.

So if you are looking for some small embroidery patterns to personalize your items, check out this fun book. 


We had our last week of school and a very busy weekend here!  Therefore I do not have a craft or craft product to review with you, so we are going straight to the party. However I am looking for some participants in a USA postcard swap.


That it entails is sending 49 postcards from your state or a state you know and you receive postcards from the other 49 states. So far Massachusetts and New York are taken. Want to join in the fun this summer? Just leave a comment or email me: craftymomsshare at gmail dot com.

Thank you to everyone who shared with us at our last party!! 
Below are some features from the party, but this is just a small sample of great ideas shared! This week we have one group of features. 


Also remember for your child-oriented crafts, activities, lessons, etc. Sharing Saturday is going on!! For any cultural related posts (diversity and/or multicultural as well) be sure to share at the month long Creative Kids Creative Blog Hop.

Features


1) From Living La Vida Holoka: DIY Grilling Kit for Dad

2) From Mad for Fabric: DIY Liberty Fabric Button Push Pin Art Tutorial

3) From Rain on a Tin Roof: How to Make a Party Banner with PicMonkey

4) From Flamingo Toes: Colorful Embroidery Floss Shadowbox Storage


Thank you to everyone who shared the last week!! I hope you will share again!! If you are featured here, please feel free to grab a featured button to display proudly on your blog. I would love the help spreading the word about Crafty Weekends!!


Featured Button Code:



 Please share family friendly crafts here. Just crafts and/or patterns--no recipes, lessons, etc. You can share craft product reviews as well. By linking up here you are giving me permission to share your links and to pin your links. Please follow my Crafty Weekends Feature Pinterest Board to see all the features from these fun link parties!