Google+

My First Waldorf Doll & Pumpkin Pie

I would like to introduce you to....

Well actually, we haven't decided on a name for her yet. I also have not made any clothes for her yet, but she is my newest creation. I ordered a 16-inch doll kit from Weir Dolls. One of my goals was to make a Waldorf doll. Now that I have, I have to say I found it much easier than I thought it would be. I can see myself making more dolls. I made her in a matter of a few days mostly at night after Hazel (and often Steve) went to bed. I finished her hair this week at the Cape. Hazel and I went to visit my parents one last time before school started. I used the money my parents gave me for my birthday to buy the kit. Now I have told Hazel that I will share the doll with her since she is after all my birthday gift. Plus I don't like how she is assuming everything I make and buy is for her. For the doll's hair I followed this wonderful tutorial at Crafty Sheep. I loved that it was a bit different than the traditional ones. Tonight I hope to make her some clothes!!

Update: She is dressed!! I made her a dress and underwear. I have to say I did not like the pattern much so I will be designing her some new clothes soon.


While at my parents, Hazel had to check on her vegetables. My father has been giving her pumpkin reports. Well she of course wanted to pick one and bake a pumpkin pie. She seems to have Big Pumpkin by Erica Silverman on her mind. My mother bought a pie crust and some canned pumpkin and they made a pumpkin pie together. My mother followed the recipe on the can of pumpkin. Now my parents' house is not air conditioned and the kitchen gets HOT!! So my mother did not want to bake the pumpkin first nor did they really have the time to do it all. So we brought the pumpkins home so we can do it here. Sorry I didn't take any pictures of them making the pie since I was enjoying a bit of relaxation time knitting in the other room.

I have to say we all enjoyed the pie. Hazel liked to eat the filling and not the crust!

7 comments:

  1. Your doll is very cute!

    The pie looks great, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! Please consider entering this in the Waldorf link-up. It's always inspiring to see what other mamas are able to make!
    http://ourseasonsofjoy.com/waldorf-wednesday-link-up/waldorf-wednesday-link-up-2/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, dolls and pumpkin pies.. perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! Very cute!
    And your pie looks YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the doll. I haven't gotten motivated to even attempt one yet (I'm not quite confident that I could truth be told) but I might to muster up the courage to try because I think they are adorable! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh Carrie! Your doll is lovely, you did such a great job :-) Well done!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Thank you for reading and contributing!