Google+

Felt Zoo Preparation

Sharing Saturday is still open and waiting for your child-oriented crafts and activities!

For Christmas we are giving Hazel a finished version of her zoo mat with a castle play mat on the other side. We also bought her the Melissa and Doug Castle Block Play Set. I wanted to make her some animals for her zoo, so I got started on them this weekend. I made her this adorable penguin. I got the free pattern at Nuno Life.
Zoo Play Mat Unfinished
I also made a lioness. I got the pattern from my Joan Russell book, The Woman's Day Book of Soft Toys & Dolls. It is out of print but you can buy used copies at Amazon. I will be making the male lion as well which is similar but has a mane. Are you making any Christmas gifts for your little ones?




3 comments:

  1. Just adorable, I can't wait to see the male, I bet the mane will look great. Thanks so much for sharing on Super Sweet Saturday.
    Steph
    swtboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I have a bunch of patterns from Nuno Life bookmarked - I need to try making one of them. It's such an amazing site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh very sweet!!!
    I put up a needle felted star tutorial @ sharing Saturday :-)
    http://estreachikitu.blogspot.nl/2012/11/ster-prikvilten-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Thank you for reading and contributing!