Google+

Face Painting, Pirate Birthday Party and a Dollhouse

Sharing Saturday is open until Wednesday if you would like to stop by to share a child-oriented craft or activity and check out the features!!

Today was the pirate birthday party that Hazel was invited to. We all went and had a good time. They had the most amazing face painter. Check out Hazel's rainbow butterfly.
She loved it! They also made clay sculptures that they decorated with feathers, buttons, beads and beans. Then they served a wonderful lunch and had this gorgeous cake.
Then they had a pinata and a treasure hunt! She had so much fun and did not want to go home.


Front Views
When we did get home Steve and I moved some furniture around so we could bring up the dollhouse I made that I have been saving for her. After I spent some time making some changes to the furniture (so she doesn't break the expensive stuff) and making it easier to play with instead of worrying how it looks, she played with it until dinner.
Interior when I first built it
Here is a view of the interior details before furniture and such were added. I originally was going to light it, but something happened with the wire and they didn't all work so I didn't bother with it.

Then this is how the interior looks now.
I took out the fancy master bed and put a plastic one in that I had when I was a child. I also took out the fancy kitchen and put in the basics so it would be easier to play. Needless to say she is loving it!! We pulled out all of her various dollhouse people from her tree house and elsewhere and she was making up stories and such all afternoon.


1 comment:

  1. I still have the dollhouse that my dad made in the 1980's. He made it for me because I was in a miniature guild here in the Twin Cities, but I decorated it so my daughter could play with it. Sometimes her little brother and his friend would play in it and we could always tell because the dollhouse dogs made a mess of every room. ;-) You did a lovely job and it will provide years of playtime!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Thank you for reading and contributing!