Google+

Lavender Heart--Second Sewing Project


Today Hazel wanted to try sewing again, so we made a lavender filled heart out of felt.  I let her choose two colors of wool felt and some embroidery floss and got her started. This time we used my mother's suggestion of doubling the thread which did keep her from pulling the needle off however required me to cut out her mistakes and made it harder to use the thread after it was cut. Together we made our way around her heart and then she filled it with lavender and I closed it and gave her a string. It  is now hanging on her seasonal tree and she wants to  make one for her teachers and her grandmothers for Valentine's Day.
Of course she wants to use the white felt for the gifts so she can save all the colors for herself.
As you can see she is happy with it and was proud to show it to Daddy.


7 comments:

  1. What a great craft! I bet it gives off a wonderful scent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this idea, i wonder if Goblin would have the patience (probably not) - might try though

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh, what a cutie! Thanks so much for sharing on Super Sweet Saturday.
    Steph
    swtboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to give sewing a try. Currently, she enjoys watching me at least. I'll have to pin this for later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how fab! looks like she loved it! :) i've tried once and my daughter was not interested. maybe time to try again! thanks for sharing on the Sunday Showcase!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea. Just letting you know I featured it on The Sunday Showcase: http://www.herecomethegirlsblog.com/2013/01/26/the-sunday-showcase-valentines-fun.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Thank you for reading and contributing!