Google+

Lazy day, but lots of crafting

My owls
So I woke up with a sore throat this morning. I think I'm catching Hazel's virus. We have laid low today. I sat in the family room and knitted and did a little needle felting while she played. Oh, and she tried to help, but she didn't listen and stabbed me with the felting needle tool (the one with five needles though one was broken so I think only four went into my finger). I have been working on crafts for the Cape Ann Waldorf School's Holiday Fair. They have a Wee Folk Shoppe where the kids go in and for a certain number of tickets can buy items and have them wrapped for gifts. From what I have gathered many choose gifts for themselves over their parents and the gifts are more aimed that way. I have been working on these owls for it. I got the pattern at Natural Suburbia. I think they are so adorable. I'm going to make Hazel some when I get a chance. I used different size needles to get the two different sizes.



I also made a needle felted Christmas ornament. He will be hung on my handmade ornament Christmas tree. I have decided to give my Dala horse ornament to Amy over at One Artsy Mama for her Birthday Celebration. So if you want to win it, check out her blog.

I also had a good friend, Jack Marino, cut me some wooden gnomes. I found a tutorial at Wee Folk Art and emailed Jack the pattern (well I emailed it to his wife).  He cut me seven and did the wood burning on one for Hazel.  So now I need to do the wood burning and decide if I want to paint them. We are going to put the one Jack did and one other one in Hazel's stocking. Then we will give a couple to Hazel's classroom and the rest if I get them done will be for the Holiday Fair. We do not have the tools to cut out such fun shapes, but Jack is a good friend from my church and a wonderful wood worker. He makes the most amazing Celtic spoons and gave us one for Hazel's baptism. He engraved our names and wedding date on it and on the handle added Hazel's name and birthdate. It is beautiful. We actually bought one from him as a gift for Hazel's godparents. We are so lucky to have such a talented friend. He and his wife were our first friends at my church when I started there.

I can't believe it! We have 50 wonderful projects shared so far this week on our Sharing Saturday. It is still open if you want to get a project in or go check out all the great projects, so I know which to feature this week. You will notice that Sharing Saturday #5 (this past Saturday) is on the list as one of my most popular posts! Thank you everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you feel better soon!! Your owls are super cute. Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a wonderful thanksgiving & see you next week,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love owls. :) Thanks for linking at Shine On Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Thank you for reading and contributing!