Google+

Owl Graduation Gift

Reminders:
There is still plenty of time to share at Sharing Saturday! Please stop by and check out all the wonderful ideas already shared and share your child-oriented crafts and/or activities. I am also collecting ideas for teacher gift ideas. Please stop by the link party to share any and all that you have!

Special Announcement: 

I'm so excited to be a part of this. Fifteen + wonderful bloggers/blogs are getting together to host a Virtual Summer Book Club. Each month an author will be chosen and all you have to do to participate is read one book by the author and do a craft tied to the book. Then come back here the third Monday of the month and link your post about it to our link party. The author for June is Mo Willems. (I know we are having trouble choosing just one book!)

Now back to our normal post...
Today we were suppose to go to a graduation party for the main person who runs the nursery at my church. She and her sister also babysit for us, and often Hazel is one of the only children in the nursery at church so she loves getting the attention of the high school girls. Since we went to the doctor yesterday and found out Hazel does have a bug that is going around and is still contagious we did not get to go to the party. However, we do have a gift for her. While on Pinterest, I saw something that was an owl and it said "Owl miss you." (The pin came from Lisa Storms Blog.)It hit me that we would do something owl related and make a card from Hazel with that on it. I thought of making one of the toilet paper roll owls and filling it with candy hugs and kisses (like this one on Clean & Sensible), but wanted to do something more.

I went looking for a good owl pattern or picture that I could make a pattern from and somehow came to We All Sew and this pattern by Ashley Johnston. Now that said, I found this pattern through another blogger, but for some reason I did not save the link and cannot find it again. She had made a smaller version of Ashley Johnston's pattern. I saved the pattern but it does not have a source on it. If you are the blogger, please let me know! I did add buttons to the inner eyes as well and made the front a pocket. figuring it might be a good place for a college student to hide something she doesn't want anyone else to find.

Next we made a card. I used Printshop and made this. I had Hazel color the front. Here is the card in pdf form in case you would like to use it (I changed the fonts a bit, but it is basically the same). Sorry the front of it is so blurry. You can see it a bit better in the next picture. I also picked up an owl necklace at one of the craft stores for $1 and helped Hazel make it. We punched a hole in the card an attached it.
I will bring it to church tomorrow to give to her since we couldn't go to the party. Today it poured so I was kind of happy to have a stay-at-home day. How was your Saturday?

This is where I link up...

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the owl!!! Too cute!!! I am an owl collector. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the owl-Pillow. It's very cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's super cute! Love it. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness you have lots of exciting stuff going on her! I am looking forward the the book club.. seeing what awesome crafts and actvities you all come up with. The owl (which is what drew me here today) is super cute! My Whimsy Wednesday post is here: http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/05/crafting-along-with-needle-and-thread_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. I love the owl. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unique gift idea..Like the owl..it's really very cute..I appreciate you share it.

    gift pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's super cute..i would like to keep it in mind and will use it when i use the same design for Gift Card envelopes..thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Thank you for reading and contributing!