4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. (Source)
We used the patterns provided at Meaningful Mama. We added and eye for the peacock and some legs. Hazel told me it needed legs, so we used a pipe cleaner. To make the peacock, we used cardstock. I cut out 16 hearts and one body. Glue the hearts together so they overalp and then add the body. Hazel put the body on, so it is a little crooked. Then you add the words.
The words are of course from the Bible. We taped the pipe cleaner on at the end--folding it in half and then folding the ends to be feet.
Besides reading 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, we also love the picture book by Lisa Tawn Bergren, God Gave Us Love. We wrote about it during Advent for the week of Love. For some more Valentine themed ideas check out:
- Valentine's Day Crafts some with Scripture and Bible References
- Simple Felt Hearts for Garland or Wreath
- For the Love of Geometry: Geometric Love Poems
- Strawberry Heart Muffins
- Felt Heart Gift--Hand Sewn
- Lavender Heart Sewing Lesson (Hand Sewing)
- Preschool Made Simple Valentines
- Valentine Tea Party
- Valentine Swap & Lots of Valentine Crafts
- My Valentine's Day Pinterest Board