Google+

The Time Chamber -- New Year Resolution Review #4

Disclosure: Penguin Random House Books gave me a copy of this book free of charge for this review. All opinions in my review are my own and I did not receive any other compensation.  As in all my reviews I am providing links for your ease, but receive no compensation.

On Monday I started a new series for this week: New Year Resolutions Review. My first goal for 2016 is to work with Hazel more regularly on her Spanish. My second goal was to find joy in my every day life. My third goal is to grow closer to Jesus. My fourth goal (and these are in no particular order) is to find time to relax. The product I am choosing to review today to help with my relaxation is an adult coloring book called The Time Chamber by Daria Song. Now this book is the second book and the first is The Time Garden, the first adult coloring book I reviewed. 
http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/533669/the-time-chamber-by-daria-song/


What is special about these coloring books and especially The Time Chamber is that they tell a story. In The Time Garden a little girl sneaks into the magic world of a clock and sees a fairy. In The Time Chamber the fairy decides to visit the little girl's world and leaves her clock one night. This book has words on some of the pages. 

 With the words I discovered the fairy is a redhead. I was always coloring her hair brown since that is what Hazel wanted me to do. Oh, well. 

I have a habit of starting a picture and then stopping and eventually coming back to it or leaving it unfinished so many of my pictures are only partially colored. Since this is meant to relax me I do not worry about the end product.

The fairy finds all sorts of treasures in the little girl's room and especially under her bed. Somehow I think the treasures look even more magical to the fairy than they would to us. This of course helps me be even more creative with the colors. I love all the stars and imagine it as sparkles from reading The Rainbow Magic books to Hazel with the sparkles always coming off the fairies' wands.

There is even a page of sweet treats that looks perfect for Valentine's Day!! If it wasn't telling a story I might consider cutting it up and using it for a Valentine's Day craft.

The other neat thing about this book is at the end there is a Visual Index and Hidden Treasure Key showing all the pages in miniature (over several pages).
It is neat to follow the story a bit with the pictures without focusing on coloring them. Both The Time Garden and The Time Chamber are really fun books and I hope you will check them out and join me in finding time to relax this new year!

I also got the Color Me Happy Calendar for Christmas. Hazel has taken it over a bit but together we have been enjoying coloring the smaller pictures. After seeing the beautiful pictures finished I decided to cut off the dates and glue them onto blank cards so now we have some pretty homemade cards and more to make!!