Google+

Charm Love Friendship Bracelets -- Crafty Weekends Review & Link Party

Disclosure: I was sent these books to review free of charge from Quarto Books USA. All opinions in this post are my own. I did not receive any other compensation for this review. I am including links to each item for your convenience but do not receive anything if you purchase them.

I have a confession to make. After a few failures with polymer clay, I'm a bit intimidated by it. However Charm Love Friendship Bracelets by Sherri Haab brought back fond memories of my teenage years so I had to check it out.  I was always making those fancy designed macrame bracelets out of embroidery floss.  (My father still has an IOU from me for one. Oops!! He seems to pull it out every time I visit.) Well Charm Love Friendship Bracelets shows how to make those fun bracelets and add homemade charms!
http://www.quartoknows.com/books/9781631590436/Charm-Love-Friendship-Bracelets.html?direct=1


Now even with my fear of polymer clay I have to say there are some bracelets in this book that I may even try to make. The instructions for the charm in this Forever Yours bracelets looks manageable even to me!! Of course it has the added bonus of being a math symbol. I of course would change the colors. I think I would also use all three of our birthstones for the rhinestones.

Forever Yours

Another one that I love and think I could do is Inner Strength. It reminds me of my teenage years because yes I made many bracelets in this design without the charm. The charm takes it to a whole new level!! It actually makes me want to pull out my floss and get to work!
Inner Strength

Another favorite, but I don't think I would be daring enough to try it (unless the other two come out perfect) is Into the Woods. I know Hazel would love this one!! As well as the variations in the book of it.
Into the Woods

The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. There are amazing photographs of each step which makes the knotting and macrame easy to do. There are so many fun ideas in this book and there are little tools needed unless you are going to do more of the daring polymer clay work. Another one I really like is Beachy Keen. Don't the beads look like sea glass and not clay?
Beachy Keen
I also love how uses ways to be able to remove the bracelets. I remember we tied them on in high school and had to wear them until we cut them off or the threads broke. So if you are looking for some fun jewelry projects check out this Charm Love Friendship Bracelets!


Thank you to everyone who shared with us at last week's party!! There seemed to be some mix up between Crafty Weekends and Sharing Saturday (child-oriented crafts and activities only), so I am choosing some of the features from Sharing Saturday that were more adult crafts.  I hope you will check them all out and remember it is just a sampling of the amazing crafts shared. 

Also remember for your child-oriented crafts, activities, lessons, etc. Sharing Saturday is going on!! For any cultural related posts (diversity and/or multicultural as well) be sure to share at the month long Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop. A new Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop just started this morning! Here is a sampling of features from last week's party!


Features

 

1) From Bombshell Bling: Lucky To Be Blessed Printable

 
2) From Oh My! Creative: St. Patrick's Day Shadow Box

3) From Our Peaceful Planet: Positive Energy Wooden Spoons

4) From Creative Khadija: How to Make Ribbon Weaved Pillow Cushions

  
5) From Vrolijk by Leen: Beautiful Colors

6) From Clean and Scentsible: Easter Bunny Canvas 


7) From Purple Hues & Me: Recycled Decoupaged Paper Mache Bunny

8) From Worthing Court: Stamped Dropcloth Easter Ornaments


9) From The Logbook: 4 Steps to Whitewash Wood

10) From Wesens-Art: 'Change it!' Frame 

11) From Savvy Apron: Chest Makeover with Spray Paint

12) From Jewels of Sayuri: We're All Ears: February Reveal

13) From Thistlewood Farms: Easy Spring Mantel Decorating Ideas



Thank you to everyone who shared the last week!! I hope you will share again!! If you are featured here, please feel free to grab a featured button to display proudly on your blog. I would love the help spreading the word about Crafty Weekends!!





Featured Button Code:



 Please share family friendly crafts here. Just crafts and/or patterns--no recipes, lessons, etc. You can share craft product reviews as well. By linking up here you are giving me permission to share your links and to pin your links. Please follow my Crafty Weekends Feature Pinterest Board to see all the features from these fun link parties!