Google+

Craft Factory: Friendship Bracelets -- Crafty Weekends Review & Link Party



Disclosure: Parragon Books sent me a copy of this book free of charge. All opinions in my review are my own and I did not receive any other compensation. As always I am providing links to the book for your convenience.

Before I begin today's post, I would like to take a minute to remind all of us in the United States that this is Memorial Weekend and we need to remember all the people who have sacrificed for our freedom and safety. Please say a prayer for the armed forces as well as their families and a very special pray for the families of soldiers not returning home. 



Today I get to share this month's Parragon Book of the Month for their Book Buddies. It is not really a book, but a craft kit. It is their Craft Factory: Friendship Bracelets. It was released this past February. It comes with metallic threads, as well as some black thread, an instruction book, star beads and a needle. 

Now I was pretty excited for this one and got started without Hazel although the kit says it is for ages 6-9. These are the type of friendship bracelets I made when I was in high school and had even more designs than I knew how to make. (The bracelet style is similar to the ones in Charm Love Bracelets.) These bracelets can be made with embroidery threads. I was a bit disappointed that the length of each color in the kit was not long enough to make all the bracelets. I started one--the Polka-Dot Party with the metallic threads.  I quickly realized Hazel would not want to wear it because it would be uncomfortable.

I think I will make one with regular pink thread and the silver for the dots. I didn't get to making it though. I also wanted to try the Queen of Hearts bracelet. I used regular threads since none of the metallics were long enough to make this bracelet. I also made a few mistakes because I decided to continue after a couple of days without reading the instructions again and combined the Polka-Dot Party instructions with the Queen of Hearts instructions. However once I read the instructions again the hearts began appearing.

The instruction booklet has instructions for ten bracelets. Some I had made previously and others were knew to me. The metallic threads add another dimension to some of the bracelets. Although I think Hazel probably could make these bracelets with some help, I do think it is really for older kids more like 9-12 year-olds. 

It is a fun kit and would make a great birthday gift for the crafty girl. I hope you will check it out.


Thank you to everyone who shared with us at last week's party!! It was full of creations and inspiring ideas!! Below are some features from the party, but this is just a small sample of great ideas shared! Our features this week are holidays (patriotic and Father's Day) and everything else.


Also remember for your child-oriented crafts, activities, lessons, etc. Sharing Saturday is going on!! For any cultural related posts (diversity and/or multicultural as well) be sure to share at the month long Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop.

Features



1) From Sparkle: Falling Stars Patriot Tea Towel

2) From Atta Girl Says: Americn Flag Art from an Old Window


3) From Worthing Court: Patriotic Craft for Memorial Day, Flag Day, and July 4th

4) From Growing Up Gabel: Rustic Fisherman Ombre Fish Frame

5) From Oh My! Creative: Personalized Gifts for Dad: Adventure Gift Bag



1) From The Scrap Shoppe: Mailbox Planter

2) From C.R.A.F.T.: How to make easy valances

3) From Busy Being Jennifer: DIY Wire Wrapped Skeleton Key Wind Chime

4From The Real Thing with the Coake Family: Sparkly, Glittery Fun DIY Room Decor

5) From Simpling {Darr}ling: Easy DIY World Map with Hymn Quote

6) From Living La Vida Holoka: DIY Mason Jar Lid Magnets
 
Thank you to everyone who shared the last week!! I hope you will share again!! If you are featured here, please feel free to grab a featured button to display proudly on your blog. I would love the help spreading the word about Crafty Weekends!!





Featured Button Code:



 Please share family friendly crafts here. Just crafts and/or patterns--no recipes, lessons, etc. You can share craft product reviews as well. By linking up here you are giving me permission to share your links and to pin your links. Please follow my Crafty Weekends Feature Pinterest Board to see all the features from these fun link parties!